ade4 traits

From: Anne-Lise Fleddum (fleddum@bio.uio.no)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 16:06:43 MEST

Dear all

I have traits information for about 400 species that dominate the Arctic
and the coast of Norway and I have abundance information of much more. I
want to do traits analysis in R for those to area with different water
masses. More specific, I want to compare traits for those two areas and I
wonder what is best to do:
1) Run one analysis with the same species list
2) Run separate analysis with the same species list
2) Run separate analysis with different species list

I know the river system analysis is more for the gradient. But what do you
do when you have totally different area? Can I compare the ecology by
looking at the traits analysis for those to different area by doing
separate analysis instead of one?

Cheers Annelise :-D

Annelise Fleddum
Avdeling for marinbiologi og limnologi