x----SPAM----x Complimentary Website Usability Analysis

From: Best Website Services (bestwebsiteservices@best-website-services.net)
Date: Sat Jul 01 2006 - 13:49:39 MEST

    What IS Usability for a Website?

    To quote one of the website industry experts, Kim Krause Berg,

    Memory is part of usability. That's why navigation is such a pain in the neck to work out and make usable for everybody who will use your web site. There are ads, images, blinking thingy’s distracting your eyes, and your mind is going everywhere at once. Yet, when I tell a web site owner that people have trouble reading a page when there are 10 things happening all at once, they act as though I stole their blankie.”

    “And so it is that, today, the popular mantra is no longer, ‘I gotta have a web site.’  It's been changed to, ‘’Why do I have a web site?’ and even better (the really aware ones) will ask, ‘Is this web site really serving the needs of my web site visitors?’”

    When a website is launched, the owner likely has a clear expectation of results.  More often than not, those results don’t measure up to the true potential of the site, and at some point, the question is asked, “What Am I Doing Wrong?”

    Many website owners start to question the product or service that they’re offering, their pricing levels, their ranking on search engines…etc., when maybe what they should be looking at is their site’s usability.

    For web sites, what might be wrong is directly related to who it’s being done for.  A website is totally co-dependent on the needs, whims, wishes, desires, dreams, financial status, location, age, gender, and personality of the person who clicks into the site.  The web design objective is to meet needs, answer questions, and clearly point the way to productive activity…such as purchases!

    To again quote Ms. Berg, “The best advice I ever received was ‘Quit designing and think about what you want the user to see or do first.’ Don't assume that just because you included a page, application, graphic, or hub means you've automatically satisfied a business or functional requirement.  Ask yourself, ‘If you found your website in a search engine, would you stay or leave?’”

    The bottom line is this.  If you’re offering something great, don’t let a poor website design keep people from buying it!  In today's Internet environment, performance matters over mere existence.

    Best Website Services, a Chicagoland company, has launched thousands of sites that are user-centered in their design, recognizing the importance of applying the proper design concepts, with usability always the overriding objective.  Our professionals will assess your current website, and provide you with an objective evaluation of its effectiveness in converting visitors into purchasers, as well as recommendations for improvement, at no charge.  Call TODAY for a free consultation with one of our design professionals, at (630) 897-6526, or click here to contact us.

    Best Website Services · P.O. Box 8444 · Aurora, IL 60507