Data Mining Events in August: Seattle, San Diego, Philadelphia

From: Lisa Solomon (lisas@salford-systems.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2006 - 20:51:18 MEST

    DATA MINING ONSITE VISIT/DEMONSTRATIONS
    Locations: PHILADELPHIA, SEATTLE and SAN DIEGO
    Dates: August 10-11 (Seattle), August 14-18 (San Diego), August 24-25 (Philadelphia)

    Dr. Dan Steinberg, CEO of Salford Systems, will be visiting Seattle, San Diego and Philadelphia in August. If you and your colleagues would like to arrange a meeting time at your offices, please let us know as soon as possible. Dr. Steinberg can discuss your specific application and how these would benefit from predictive modeling and data mining. In demonstating the power of data mining and our tools, he can, if you wish, use your data. See more information regarding Salford Systems at the bottom of this email.

    **
    DATA MINING TRAINING
    Locations: PHILADELPHIA and SEATTLE
    Dates: August 9 (Seattle) and August 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (Philadelphia)

    SEATTLE DATA MINING TRAINING
    Sponsored by the American Statistical Association
    Wednesday, August 9th
    Computer Technology Workshops: CE_34T, CE_37T, CE_40T
    http://www.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2006/index.cfm?fuseaction=registration

    HANDS-ON DATA MINING TRAINING IN PHILADELPHIA
    August 14-18, 2006
    Register for 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 days.
    http://www.salford-systems.com/servicestraining.php

    Please let me know if I can help you with any of the above.
    Best regards,
    Lisa Solomon
    Ph: (619)543-8880
    Email: lisas@salford-systems.com

    More information about Salford Systems Data Mining Tools:

    Salford Systems has focused its efforts on becoming best of breed in the specific areas of decision, trees, boosted decision trees, spline regression (MARS) and tree ensembles (bagging, arcing, random forests). Our tools are based on the original code of the creators of the proprietary CART algorithm. CART's creators continue to collaborate with Salford Systems to refine CART and to develop the next generation of data-mining tools. We have extended the original code in collaboration with Jerome Friedman and Leo Breiman to include innovative features not found elsewhere, including patent pending extensions. We have exclusive access to the proprietary source code written by Jerome Friedman for CART, TreeNet, MARS, PRIM, and will be adding further Friedman tools in 2007.

    * Robustness: Our software is known for its capability of handling large problems, and of running problem free no matter how complex the sequence of analytical steps required in a user session.

    * Our latest versions include modeling automation to radically accelerate model development. In a recent client visit one of our senior scientists was able to build a response model in one day that significantly outperformed the client's model that had been hand crafted over 3 months. The built-in modeling automation allowed him to find that model in hours.

    * Ease of use: Our unique visual displays make it easy for users to understand the data and quickly move to effective models. It is possible to start building a model in as few as 3 mouse clicks (open a data source, select a target variable, go).

    * Analytical power: Our tools have now been used to win 14 data mining "medals" since 2000.

    * Availability on multiple platforms

    * Command-line support allows automated runs.