Re: regression equation

From: Jean Thioulouse (Jean.Thioulouse@biomserv.univ-lyon1.fr)
Date: Fri Jan 03 1997 - 17:37:01 MET

hos@zoo.ufl.edu (Mark Hostetler) wrote :
>Is there a way to directly get the prediction equation from the ADE
>multiple regression program? I know one can manually calculate the
>equation from the files that are outputted from a run, but is there an
>easier way?

Sorry, there is no easier way by now, but this can be added if you
think that this is really needed (please contact D. Chessel for this).

The problem comes from the fact that the regression coefficients given
in the output file (.MLRw1) are the coefficients for the normalized
variables (dependent and independent). So you may indeed have to recompute
the coefficients for the raw variables.

Jean

--
         Jean Thioulouse - Laboratoire de Bio-Pedologie
               ORSTOM - BP 1386 - Dakar - Senegal