Re: Logiciels universitaires, freeware et ouverture

From: Federico Spinazzi (federico@SysPr03.disat.unimi.it)
Date: Wed Jan 07 1998 - 11:47:10 MET

Well, I know the problem of file extensions.

A DOS port means that it is necessary to make new conventions for
extension for it.

However: DJGPP allows to access all the memory fisically avaiable (up
to 2GB !) even if under DOS
and, I think that memory avaiable would be the maior limitation on a
DOS system, not file extension.

Pheraps we mean two different thing for DOS port:
Jean means a DOS port,
I mean 'porting the tools avaiable in ADE to DOS program'

For me, new to numerical computations, for example, the difficult to write
a program for various PCA is in the avaiability of numerical routines.

I'm trying with the meschach library, but, of course, code already written
for that particular pourpose (e.g.: ADE sources) could be more
appropriate.

I really don't pretend to port ADE on DOS, of course...

Federico Spinazzi
email: federico@syspr03.disat.unimi.it