PLS2

From: Agustin Lobo (alobo@ija.csic.es)
Date: Thu Jan 21 1999 - 13:06:46 MET

I'm reading the doc for PLSgen2 by Luc Monimeau.
Both the explanatory (X) and dependent matrices are
20r x 3cols, but then the tk explanatory components are 20 x 4,
why do we have one more component than initial variables?

Instead, in the "fiche" by Chessel and Monimeau, X is
39 x 3 and Y is 39 x 15 (a better choice for an example, I think)
and the VI.ivl1 (which I understand is the LS2 components of X,
the file naming is very confusing, why not just X.PL2 ?)
is 39 x 2 (becasue they select to keep only the first 2 components,
I guess).

Finally, Monimeau uses PLSgen2:Modelling, while Chessel and Monimeau use
PCA on instrumental variables. Is this just a difference on soft versions?

Thanks!

Agus

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012