Re: ADE om Linux through wine

From: Agustin Lobo (alobo@ija.csic.es)
Date: Thu Jul 29 1999 - 13:28:11 MET DST

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Jean Thioulouse wrote:

> Agustin Lobo <alobo@ija.csic.es> wrote:
> >wine /dosh/ade/zz4exe/ADETrans.exe < /dosh/ade/ADEvgMc/vg3Mc.fcco >
> >vg3Mc_fcco.txt
> >
> >Would something like this be possible? (the above example
> >is not)
>
> The problem is that typical ADE-4 modules have many input parameters
> and still more output files. Using this kind of syntax would not be
> very easy. Providing an easy to use graphical user interface was one
> of the original aims of the ADE-4 package.

Well, but I'm only talking about one program that converts binary
to ascii. Maybe if you could just let me know the format for
the output matrices I could do it myself. Or release the source
for the binary to ascii and ascii to binary programs.

Note that writing visualization programs is difficult
and time consumming. An alternative (or, rather, complementary)
approach is to feed the files to other programs. There is one
public domain program called xgobi
(http://www.research.att.com/~andreas/xgobi/index.html) that makes
very nice 3d visualizations and even seems to work
on Windows machines. May be we could take advantage of it for
ADE outputs.

Agus