FCA ordination diagrams

From: Matthew O'Hare (9507794o@udcf.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 12:31:29 MET

I have performed a Fuzzy Correspondence Analysis on a macrophyte species by
species trait matrix. I wish to create diagrams similar to those in figure
1, b of, Bornette et al
 (1994). The diagrams consist of species linked to their individual
modalities. There is one diagram for each trait. I have tried doing this in
Scatters and Scatterclass using the star option with:

 XY coordinate file = file.flli

Categories file (*.cat) = fileFModa.cat

The category file used, is the problem I think. It seems to be incorrect
for this type of diagram. Any suggestions?

Bornette, G., Henry, C., Barrat, M.H. & C. Amoros. 1994. Theoretical
habitat templets, species traits, and species richness: aquatic
macrophytes in the upper Rhone River and its floodplain. Freshwater
Biology, 31, 487-505.
Matthew O'Hare,
Research Assistant,
EEB-IBLS,