Problem: Weighted COA of 3 column file

From: Matthew O'Hare (9507794o@udcf.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 24 1999 - 17:10:12 MET

I have been trying to prepare data tables for RLQ analysis. A weighted COA
of my R table (394 rows, 3 columns) using a file.fcpl produced from COA of
the L table repeatedly fails. Introducing a dummy fourth column allows the
weighted COA of R to proceed. So the problem appears to be related to
column number in R. Why?

We have got round the problem by weighting the R table in Excel and
proceeding with an unweighted COA. Is this valid?

The attached file contains more information on the data matrices.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Matthew O'Hare,
Research Assistant,
EEB-IBLS,