ADE-4 port to R

From: Federico Spinazzi (fspinazzi@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 12:49:48 MET DST

<x-flowed>Hi you all,
Having played for long with the idea of a multivariate library in 'C',
realized that waht was needed was mainly
a language to express 'multivariate analysis ideas', I met the S language
and it's implementation in R (www.r-poject.org).
As R is becoming more and more stable and complete, I wonder if it could be
the case to port (at least some) of the ADE-4 programs to R.
I think that a wide range of people would benefit from such an integration.
I could have time to spend on it so I would like to know if there is any
interest into this project.
Yes, I could implement from scratch all the basical ordination methods,
taking code here and there, but I wonder if it is possible to use the J.T.
and D.C., in some respect wonderful (which other program perform Corr.
Analysis with rows and columns made of zero ?), implementation, as has been
reported in some articles on ADE (dating back to the BASIC version).
Regards,
federico spinazzi