Re: COIA graphs

From: Pierre BADY (pierre.bady@univ-lyon1.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 18 2004 - 16:21:09 MET

Hello,

here is a summary of biplot possibilities with co-inertia analysis.

ADE-4 example:
X1= sites x environmental variables table [n x q]
X2= sites x taxa table [n x p]

=> crossed array [p x q]

taxa with environmental variables:
-.iiw1 and -.iili in Rq
or
-.iiw2 and -.iico in Rp
environmental variables with sites :
-.iiw1 and -.iil1 in Rq
taxa with sites:
-.iiw2 and -.iil2 in Rp
sites (X1 and X2):
-.iim1 and -.iim2 in Rn

(R-)ade4 example:
X= sites x environmental variables table [n x q]
Y= sites x taxa table [n x p]

=> crossed array [p x q]

taxa with environmental variables:
$l1 and $co in Rp
or
$c1 and $li in Rq
environmental variables with sites:
$c1 and $lX in Rq
taxa with sites:
$l1 and $lY in Rp
sites (X and Y):
$mX and $mY in Rn

Hope this helps,
Best regards,

P.BADY

PS: for French people, see http://pbil.univ-lyon1.fr/R/fichestd/tdr64.pdf
(page 12).
“triplot” …. Why not ?

At 07:57 18/03/2004 -0500, Sara wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>Could you please tell me how can I put together the scores obtained at
>Co-inertia analysis, at --.iili and --.iico ?
>
>The idea is to plot at the same graphic the environmental and the
>species data - instead of the ADE usual representation using 2 graphs,
>one for --.iili and other for -.iico.
>
>Are there some normalized scores in any of the output COIA files?
>Can I transform it by myselft? would it be correct? (the numbers or the
>plot itself)
>
>Best regards,
>sara Mouro.
>--