Matrix size limitation?

From: Myriam Gaudeul (myriam.gaudeul@ujf-grenoble.fr)
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 09:45:27 MEST

    Hello,
    I am using the 'classical' ADE-4 software (not in R) to compute
    Principal Coordinate Analyses on distance matrices.
    The software does not seem able to handle matrices that are larger than
    256*256: I get an error message saying that my file is too long for ADE4
    to read and the output file ends at row 10.
    Did somebody experience a similar problem and managed to solve it? My
    matrices are up to 450*450...
    Thanks in advance,
    Myriam Gaudeul
    Laboratoire d'Ecologie Alpine (LECA)
    Université J. Fourier, Grenoble, France.