ADE-4 for Macintosh: MetaCard Interface

From: Peter Mountford (wisteria@mxb.mesh.ne.jp)
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 09:44:29 MEST

Bonjour!

Last week I downloaded ADE-4 via the Internet and over the weekend I
installed the MetaCard interface and started learning how to use it.

I have found an inconsistency with the documentation "Thema_14.pdf" (The
MetaCard interface (MacOS)) and the operation. According to the example
given on page 9, "Create Data Folder", all text files containing numerical
data are converted to binary files by this procedure - my experience is
that only one file is converted and have confirmed this with other data
sets; e.g. Meteo.

Also, in the bottom right-hand corner of the interface, prompts for
ADEBatch, ADEBin, ADEPict, and ADETrans appear to the left of the bird
button, but are inactive. Since the documentation (p14) recommends aliases
for these applications, I suspect it is an as yet unimplemented but
excellent afterthought....

Regards

Peter Mountford