Re: Problem avec les donnees pour ACM

From: ZHANG De-Xing (dxzhang@panda.ioz.ac.cn)
Date: Tue Apr 22 2003 - 14:48:33 MEST

Dear Stephane,

Thank you very much for your help. Excuse me first to write the message in
English - I have not written message in French since 1992 and the keyboard
here is not convenient neither. Actually, we are carrying out the
so-called Constant Row Total-Multiple Correspondence Analysis (Guinand
1996, Biological Journal of the Linnean Society, vol. 58, pp173) using the
Fuzzy Correspondence Analysis program in the ADE-4 package. We use the
TextToBin-BlocTo1Categ option to make a binary category file, and the
input text file has only one column. We need to prepare a few files before
we can use FuzzyVar-Read Fuzzy File to prepare the .fuz file for Fuzzy
Correspondence Analysis. With small data sets, we don't have any problem.
But when processing a large data set, truncated files were produced from
'TextToBin-BlocTo1Categ' step. ADE-4 said that the binary matrix file
(the raw data file) is too large to be read by ADEbin. The data have 26
rows, and 8 variables with 35, 16, 46, 35, 26, 70, 64 and 27
categories, respectively (319 columns in total). There should be no
problem with computer power. I'm running ADE-4 on a Windows-XPP PC (DELL
Optiplex, Pentium 4, CPU3.06GHz, RAM 1.00Gb)

Could you, and anyone else on the list, help me on this issue please?
Thank you very much..

Sincerely,
De-Xing