overlapping triangles

From: Andrew Bevan (a.bevan@ucl.ac.uk)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 16:09:00 MEST

Dear List

I am new to the list so apologies for any naivety on my part.

I am trying to run a Ripley’s K-function analysis of points within a
rather irregular sample area (in fact a distribution of buildings on a
Mediterranean island), using the triangulate polygons option to create a
suitable mask (i.e. a simplified version of the sea around the coast).
When I run the function, it falls over at the Monte Carlo tests stage,
saying there are ‘overlapping triangles’. I cannot find the problem
either visually (plotting the triangles) or in the original files and
wondered whether there was an easy method of diagnosis?

Many thanks
Andy

Dr Andrew Bevan

Research Fellow