Re: ADE-4 problems

From: Agustin Lobo (alobo@ija.csic.es)
Date: Wed May 19 1999 - 17:37:34 MET DST

Hi Wilma.

Yes, it worked. Thanks to the ADE makers.

I clicked on the Software
button, selected Add to list,
selected my ADE/ZZ4EXE folder,
selected TEXTO~1.EXE
selected OK

then the Software list was presented and I clicked
Close

Then, back in the list of files, if I
click with the left button on one
text file (i.e. sib1.txt), I have a floating
menu with:

Open file
---------
Open with TEXTO~1.EXE

and as many other programs as you selected with the Software
button and you have in your Software list.

Few advices:
1. Keep Auto Refresh on
2. Create a Working directory for your data with
the explorer
and select it in WinPlus with the bar just below the 7.

If you want to run a COA, you just click COA and select Run.
Then go to Options and select Correspondence Analysis.
Click Select to select your BINARY contingency table
(you will be in the working directory that you defined above)
Click OK

Review the eigenvalues and their graph and Select the number of axis to
retain.

Close COA (File, Exit). Save the log file, you'll need it for your
paper, you'll write one at some point.

You'll see quite a number of new files generated by ADE
that contain the scores for the transforms etc.

Go to Scatters and make the graphs.

(If your contingency table is not in a binary file, the best is to
generate it as a text ascii file with columns separated by tabs. Then
Use TextoBin, Import and then the table will come as one single vector.
Then go to Changing rows_cols within TexttoBin and give the appropriate
dimensions. There is also a contributed fromExel tool in the
ADEweb.

ALWAYS use BinToText to review the newly created binary file
or you might end up analyzing something different.

Finally, if WinPlus gives trouble note that you can always use the
*.exe programs just by clicking them from the Explorer.

I'm also testing to execute the *.exe programs from Linux using
Wine (Windows emulator, Rioja is also good though).

Hope it helps.

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Instituto de Ciencias de la Tierra (CSIC)
Lluis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona SPAIN
tel 34 93409 5410
fax 34 93411 0012