fuzzy corresp analysis

From: Rossaro Bruno (rossaro@mailserver.unimi.it)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:12:15 MET DST

Dear collegues,
I have read with interest the papers published in Freshwat. Biol.
using fuzzy correspondence analysis.
charvet@lyon.cemagref.fr
In particular:
Authors
       Charvet S. Statzner B. Usseglio-Polatera P. Dumont B.
Author e-mail Address
       charvet@lyon.cemagref.fr
Title
       Traits of benthic macroinvertebrates in semi-natural French streams: an
       initial application to biomonitoring in Europe
Source
       Freshwater Biology. 43(2):277-296, 2000 Feb.
In this paper I have not well understood how fuzzy correspondence analysis
was carried out on a trait category matrix
weighted on species abundances.
Suppose you have a trait matrix with t species and m modalities (tMm) and
an abundance matrix with n sites and t species
(nYt). It seems that something such as a product matrix nYtMm was
performed, and fuzzy correspoindence analysis was carried out on this matrix.
Can somebody help me ?
Sincerely yours
Bruno Rossaro
prof. Bruno Rossaro
Department of Biology Section Ecology
Univ. of Milano
via Celoria 26 I 20133 Milano (office)
v.le Murillo 21 I 20149 Milano (private address)
tel 039_2_2_26604_371
fax 0039_2_26604_361
e-mail: Bruno.Rossaro@unimi.it
http://www.sezionecologia.unimi.it