Re: matching the results of coinertia-analysis with the scores of the temporal and spatial variability

From: Rossaro Bruno (rossaro@mailserver.unimi.it)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 10:45:45 MET DST

Dear collegues
about the mail of

>Byungok Ahn
>Istitut fur Ekologie
>Abt. Hydrobiologie
>FB 09 Univ-GH-Essen
>Universit=E4tsstr. 5
>45117 Essen

Moreover I cannot find a file which may contain correlation ratios
between each categorical variable and each factorial score of the
coinertia-analysis.

I have also the impression that FCA and other programs also do not create
a file such as this

CorRatioFCA: Correlation ratios after a FCA
Title of the analysis: C:\ade4\COLEOP\ESF.fl
Number of rows: 110, columns: 9

at least in Winplus version of ADE4.

About the main question

At 11.39 22/05/00 +0200, you wrote:
>I have been trying to test predictions of the river habitat templet
>concept based on 27 stream sites, 18 quantitative variables of temporal
>variability, 7 quantitative variables of spatial variability for each
>stream, 86 species in 6 scales (0 to 5), and 80 fuzzy coded species
>modalities in 22 categorical variables.
>Following the procedures in Resh et al. (1994) four tables were
>separately processed as follows:
>
>1. A species traits table (86 rows, 80 columns) was processed by Fuzzy
>COA.
>2. An abundance (habitat utilization) table (86 rows, 27 columns) was
>processed by row-weighted COA.
>3. Coinertia-analysis using the iita.file after matching two tables.
>4. Non-centred PCA using two tables of temporal and spatial variability
>separately after transformations of all variables described by Cellot et
>al. (1994).
>
>My problem: I would like to examine and represent positions of the
>stream sites, species, and species modalities in the temporal and
>spatial habitat templet graphically, but I don=B4t know how to match the
>results of coinertia-analysis with the scores of the temporal and
>spatial variability. I think that a further coinertia-analysis may be a
>possible solution for it. But how can I prepare for it?
>
>Moreover I cannot find a file which may contain correlation ratios
>between each categorical variable and each factorial score of the
>coinertia-analysis.

I agree with you, that other coinertia analyses are needed
but I have not well understood what matrices you really intend to use in
the other coinertia
analysis

>Sincerely yours

B. Rossaro
prof. Bruno Rossaro
Department of Biology Section Ecology
Univ. of Milano
via Celoria 26 I 20133 Milano (office)
v.le Murillo 21 I 20149 Milano (private address)
tel 039_2_2_26604_371
fax 0039_2_26604_361
e-mail: Bruno.Rossaro@unimi.it
http://www.sezionecologia.unimi.it